Today’s A Good Day To Have A Good Day

Today’s a good day to have a good day

I came up with that during high school. It sounds really generic, but it got me thinking. My logic was “the day just started. The thing that keeps me from having a ‘good’ day is my attitude about the day itself. Events happen every day that could keep me from having a good day. So why not decide to have a good day?”

Recently, I’ve been struggling to learn what can control and how I can control it. In particular, I’ve been trying to master my toughest feat: control over my emotions. It’s extremely difficult for me, but I’m working on bettering myself by it every day. Because like Charles Swindoll said, “Life is 10 percent what happens to you and 90 percent how you react to it.” Thus, emotions are important!


It’s a continuous cycle every time you feel an emotion:
1) The first step was identifying when I felt an emotion. Sadness, anger, boredom, excitement, happiness. I tend to focus on my personal most extreme emotional sensations.
2) The second step is the hardest: settling the extreme negative emotions. I may have to take a deep breath, change what I’m putting into my body (food, medication, supplements, etc.), change what I’m giving my body (sleep, exercise, appropriate reading material, a break, etc.), take a walk, or simply just keep an open mind. These things dramatically change the outcome of the situation and save me emotionally. Sometimes it’s hard to determine what to physically change in order to allow for an easier mental change when a situation arises, and that’s o k a y. It will take time, just like the mastery of any other form of art.

If you’re having a bad day, it’s because one thing is standing in the way of you having a good day. And I’ll give you a hint, it’s not the event that ’caused’ you to have a bad day. The ONE thing standing in the way of you having a good day, even on seemingly ‘bad’ days, is you.


reflection of building on body of water at daytime

The meteorologist predicts there is a 90% chance of thunderstorms. Even though the meteorologist left 10% chance of no thunderstorms, you would still prepare and expect thunderstorms for the day, right? It’s the same with emotion, except you are the meteorologist and you get to predict the day in whichever favor you wish. You control 90% of your day simply by controlling your reactions/emotions to events that happen; therefore, you inevitably control the day itself.

The ball is in your court. Control what you can control. Master your emotions. Master the day.

After all, today’s a good day to have a good day.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this:
search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close