I say healthy…but let’s be real, it still needs to taste decent! That being said, this ain’t no strict diet, clean eating recipe book. Here are some of my healthy DELICIOUS alternatives to some not-so-healthy meals!
First off, this is amazing & tastes SO similar to ranch, you might not even notice the difference! Second, this whole recipe makes 2 cups (hopefully you don’t eat the whole 2 cups in one sitting, that would be actually insane, please don’t do that), so for comparison I’ll start by revealing:
My skinny ranch has 240 calories per 2 cups . It also has 0g of fat and 44g of protein.
Regular Hidden Valley Ranch has 2,240 calories per 2 cups. It also has 224g of fat and 16g of protein.
Light Hidden Valley Ranch has 1,280 calories per 2 cups. It also has 112g of fat and 16g of protein.
2 cups……………Plain Greek yogurt (I used Dannon Light & Fit)
1 tsp………………Garlic powder
1 tsp………………Onion powder
1 tsp………………Sea salt
½ tsp……………..Black pepper
½ tsp……………..Dill weed
Combine & enjoy!
Honey-Garlic Cauliflower Wings
Quite possibly the best thing I have ever made, but make sure you have some counter space and time to prepare them! Tastes extremely good with my Skinny Ranch from above. (This recipe also yields lots of dirty dishes, but it’s worth it!) *Just don’t forget to start working on the sauce as soon as the cauliflower is put in the oven to bake!*
1 cup flour
3 cups of panko breadcrumbs
6 beaten eggs
1 head of cauliflower chopped into bite-size pieces (or buy them already in bite-size pieces)
2/3 cup of honey
2/3 cup of soy sauce
1/4 cup of water
A couple spoonfuls of minced garlic
1 tbsp. of sriracha
2 tsp. of cornstarch
A couple spoonfuls of sliced scallions
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Set up the stations: one bowl of flour, one bowl of whisked eggs, one bowl of panko breadcrumbs.
- Drench cauliflower pieces into flour, then eggs, then breadcrumbs.
- Place drenched cauliflower pieces onto baking sheet and season with salt & pepper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch with water until cornstarch dissolves. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat combine honey, garlic, sriracha, and soy sauce. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat & add cornstarch mixture. Bring to simmer again & cook until sauce thickens (approx. 2 minutes).
- Toss cauliflower in sauce & return cauliflower to baking sheet.
- Broil for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with scallions.
Ranch Cauliflower Bites
Delicious & super easy!
1 head of cauliflower
1 dry ranch packet seasoning
1 ½ cups of cheddar cheese
Optional: bacon bits & chives
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Pulse cauliflower in food processor until large crumbs are formed.
- *Very important* Ring water out of cauliflower using a mesh strainer, paper towels, or cheesecloth.
- Pour cauliflower crumbs into large bowl.
- Add eggs, 1 cup of cheese, and ranch seasoning mix (optional: add half of your bacon bits and chives)
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray. Fill each pocket about 2/3 full. Top with cheese (optional: and bacon bits).
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until golden.
- Garnish with parsley flakes (or chives).
This is extremely quick & great for those watching or reducing their meat intake. One of my go-to’s on a busy night!
Heat 1 can of corn, 1 can of black beans, and 1 package of any variety of Uncle Ben’s 90-second rice. Combine & serve on a taco shell with diced avocado, sour cream, shredded cheese, and skinny ranch.
Max protein & fiber recipe:
Heat 1 can of corn. Prepare ½ cup of green lentils in small saucepan, then mix in a taco seasoning packet. Combine with corn. Serve on a taco shell with diced avocado, sour cream, shredded cheese, and skinny ranch.
Stay tuned as I perfect my other recipes into mouth-watering greatness!